2016-17 Mount Ida College SAAC Board
|Sam Laferriere||James Wolff||Mary Kate Reidy||Faouzi Talabi|
|Cross Country||Football||Women's Volleyball||Football|
What is S.A.A.C.?
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
Presently, there are separate national SAACs for NCAA Division I, II, and III. NCAA legislation mandates that all member institutions have SAACs on their respective campuses. Further, NCAA legislation requires that all member conferences have SAACs.
As the Student Athletic Advisory Council for Mount Ida College, it is our mission to assist in the creation of an environment where all student-athletes have the opportunity to maximize their academic, personal and social growth. It is our desire to help build a strong tradition in athletics and strive for success in and outside the lines. As members of the SAAC, we must serve as a liaison between the committee and our respective teams. To fulfill our mission we must:
• Provide a forum for discussion of matters of concern for athletic teams.
• Discuss, adopt and carry out procedures necessary for the general welfare of Mount Ida athletics.
• Promote better communication and camaraderie among teams.
• Promote effective communication between athletics, administration and the student-athletes to better serve their needs.
• Increase awareness of athletic programs on the campus and in the surrounding community.
• Encourage involvement of student-athletes in community and campus life.
• Serve as a liaison between the Great Northeast Athletic Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.